Since this TME project is all about integrating technology, music and education into one, presenting the animation without music was a strong “no go”.
Since I had decided that I wanted 4 different characters in my storyboard, it seemed reasonable to record different vocal tones/ effects for each of my characters. I tried changing my voice from talking in a high pitched to a low pitched voice (I imagined Bulby as a female and Orangy as a male character). However, it didn’t work out as I expected.
I decided to download this app called Voice change- Voice recording (only available on iPhone and iPad users). It seemed like a good app to use as it provided me with a range of vocal options to choose from. However unlike Renderforest, the app wasn’t totally free. To add in voice effects such as child, big guy, robot 1, reverb scary etc. a charge of $24.49/week was needed to be paid before the subscription package. The app did provide a 3 day trial period, however the only effect that could be used was the female voice (high pitch)- which wasn’t much of an option in my case.
App: Voice change- Voice recording
Turning back to Renderforest, I realised that I could voiceover it (record directly from Renderforest). The only downfall with this was that I was unable to tell if the screen and the audio was in sync. Watching the preview was also an option but it was a process that was tedious. So the solutions was:
- Record voice on Voice change- Voice recording (then change effects)
- Use Airdrop to transfer the recorded files onto my computer
Unfortunately, the ‘voiceover’ in Renderforest could only be recorded scene by scene. This meant that I had to take the longer route by individually recording myself one scene at a time.
So imagine this! 55 scenes= recording myself 55 different times. A very long process, which by the way, excludes the process of uploading and adjusting the audios.
Above: iPhone screenshots of the voice recordings that I’ve created and airdropped from the app to my computer